Sewer line and landscape damage caused by potential Waco foundation issues
Sewer line repairs
Another frustrating issue you might encounter as a homeowner is a sewer line leak. Not only does it cause an unpleasant smell throughout your property, but it also compromises your sewer system.
While you might procrastinate on other home-related issues, sewer line damage doesn’t allow you to. The foul smell is unbearable. On top of that, the slow drainage can be a pain in the neck.
Live Oaks Foundation Repair Experts experts ensure appropriate sewer line repair with their right skills and knowledge. We inspect your sewer system and choose a suitable solution accordingly.
Sewer line damage is not uncommon, and the reasons that contribute to this problem are also similar in most cases.
Here’s what might cause sewer line damage in your Waco home:
- Rusted Pipes – Most steel and iron pipes are coated with a protective zinc layer to prevent rusting. However, calcium and magnesium in water can corrode pipes over time. When left unchecked for a long, it can cause cracks or annoying leaks.
- Harsh Weather Conditions – Extreme temperatures can also be a source of sewer line damage. For example, harshly cold weather can freeze the pipes resulting in ice expansion and potential bursting. However, cold weather alone isn’t the culprit. Extremely high temperatures can also burst the pipes.
- Clogged Pipes – Sewage pipes can only deal with toilet paper and waste. When you flush other things like paper towels or wrappers, they do not dissolve, and they block pipes. Apart from flushing trash, materials in the kitchen can also cause clogs. For instance, draining greasy or oily substances in the kitchen sink can block the pipes. There are other better ways to get rid of such materials. You can freeze these liquids and discard them in a trash can.
- Tree Roots – Tree roots also cause sewer line problems. They naturally go after the source of water as they expand underground. Because sewer pipes carry liquid waste, tree roots are drawn to them. Besides, they’ll be attracted quicker if there is a small leak in the line.
As soon as they touch the sewer pipes, they wrap them. Consequently, your lines get clogged or weak. Also, if your home has clay sewer pipes, they’re more prone to tree root damage.
Identifying sewer line damage
It is crucial to know the signs of sewer system damage to take action on time and prevent further leaks. Here’s how you can identify this issue:
Digging a Trench: Also called “pipelining,” it is an ideal solution for minor pipe damages. This typically involves Abilene foundation repair professionals inserting an epoxy-covered tube into your sewer line. Then, they inflate the box and press it against the existing pipe.
As soon as it touches the existing pipe, the epoxy gets stiff and repairs the leak. Once the process is complete, the experts remove the inflatable tube.
- Water Damage: A leaking sewer line can also cause water damage to your property. One of the most significant and common signs of water damage include mold and mildew growth. Typically, a damaged sewer line in your home is the culprit. The reasons may vary, nonetheless.
- Strange Smell: Does your yard smell awful? Another prominent sign of sewer damage is standing water in the yard. Although sewer pipes are placed around six feet under the ground, a few lines are installed closer to the ground. In that case, a damaged pipe can quickly pool your yard by making its way through the grass. This also causes a foul odor on your property.
Sewer line repairs
While an engineer might customize a solution after identifying your sewer line damage, typical repairs include the following:
- Rusted Pipes – Also called pipelining, it is an ideal solution for minor pipe damage. This typically involves professionals inserting an epoxy-covered tube into your sewer line. Then, they inflate the box and press it against the existing pipe. As soon as it touches the existing pipe, the epoxy gets stiff and repairs the leak. Once the process is complete, the Live Oaks Foundation Repair Experts experts remove the inflatable tube.
- Trenchless Repair – This goes in for severe pipe damage. Trenchless repair involves professionals destroying your current pipeline and installing a new one. While this process is time-consuming and costly, it is long-lasting. Generally, experts insert a cone-shaped bit in your current line and damage the pipe intentionally to replace it. If, however, your pipes are disfigured beyond repair, our team might suggest other more reliable ways to fix the issue.
Get in Touch With Us
We want to hear from you about your foundation concerns. No job in is too big or too small for our experienced team!
Common landscape issues and fixes
Poor drainage systems can turn even the most well-maintained homes into horrible disasters. Not only does it cause problems inside your Waco home, but your house exterior isn’t spared either.
For instance, it is highly likely for your beautiful-looking lawn to turn into a mushy mess.
If you find yourself in the same boat, do not worry. A phone call is all it takes for our Live Oaks Foundation Repair Experts professionals to reach your site and inspect the problem.
Our skilled staff members spot the underlying causes of an improper drainage system and provide reliable solutions that last for years.
Common landscape drainage problems
What could be the culprit of an inadequate landscape drainage system? Here are some common reasons that might be contributing to a drainage problem:
- Poor Elevation – Often, standing water in your home’s foundation is causing the issue. This can cause severe damage to your Waco home’s interior. For instance, you may spot breaks in the drywall or cracks in the wood floor. This should have been watched out for during the initial construction of your home.
- Trapped Water – An improper yard grading can create tensions that trap water. This kills your plants in the long run. Besides, it leads to marshy conditions in those particular areas. Stormwater must move onto the surface to avoid this problem. Generally, this is achieved by installing creeks.
- Down Spouts – You will also experience issues if your gutter downspouts are emptying on saturated plant materials. Besides, even if the water moves on paved surfaces, you’ll experience problems.
Types of landscape drainage systems
You can encounter several issues because of poor drainage systems, from water-stained foundations to soil erosion and standing water below gutter spots. However, our quality solutions will help resolve the problem regardless of its severity.
Here are the standard landscape drainage systems that Live Oaks Foundation Repair Experts experts might consider:
- French Drain: This solution is ideal for removing standing water that results from low-lying areas. French drains work like gutters. The only difference is that they redirect water on the ground instead of above your home. They consist of perforated pipes featuring gravel and filter fabric. Also, they appear stylish and add to your home aesthetics.
- Dry Well: A dry well is a cylindrical water reservoir that allows water runoff and redirects it to the soil. The dry well’s porous siding facilitates the entire drainage system. As such, the water doesn’t accumulate on the ground. Instead, it moves a few feet under the ground. This method is typically used for water that is challenging to redirect – consider downspouts. However, our experts determine whether it is ideal for your lawn or not, considering weather patterns and soil composition.
- Gutter Drains: Another drainage system option to consider is downspouts through the drainpipe and turning it away to a location with better drainage. Different drain termination points include a catch basin or a pop-up emitter. Besides, professionals might consider extending them to your dry well. In fact, if your Waco home has a slight negative grade, a dry well might be the only option.
Why proper landscape drainage systems matter
Your outdoor living space will be a disaster without a proper drainage system, so if something blocks the water from moving downhill, you’re in trouble.
Note that a drainage system is a vital part of any landscape design. The entire structure is incomplete without one. Water is essential for a healthy landscape, but excess of everything is bad, and water is no exception.
Highlights of proper drainage systems:
- An adequate water drainage system will enhance your Waco property’s value.
- Without one, you might make your home vulnerable to fungus.
- Termites and mold growth are common problems associated with an improper drainage system.
- One primary reason why home drainage matters is that not having one can unstabilize your home’s foundation over time.
- It keeps water from accumulating and also reduces the chance of soil erosion.
Years of struggle earned us a reputation as one of the top Foundation Repair companies in Waco.
We take the most challenging projects and handle them efficiently, from landscape drainage issues to housing foundation problems, sewer line cracks, and structural damages.
Our work highlights our competency, and our services speak about our reliability. Regardless of the structural problems you encounter, reach out to us, and we’ll be at your service in no time!